Wednesday, December 31, 2008

All is Well

Thanks for the sympathy, my gentle readers.

An update:
B's surgery went well this AM. Her eye's a little bloody and her balance is off with all the drugs, but she's coming around. She's enjoyed the "clear liquids" aka Sprite that she's able to drink right now.

And there's no snow in Chicago so E's parents should be in time for a midnight celebration. Of course, "little stinky"--as we affectionately call her--was up a bit last night so let's see if I can prop my eyelids open to welcome the new year.

But SHE did NOT have her crying spells for the last 2 nights. Yay! Let's make it 3!

So, even though we're a bit tired from reporting to surgery early this AM, we're no worse for the wear. Someone asked Eric in the waiting room if he was jealous that S had so much more hair than him (refer to newborn pics). He said yes. But I think we're over our vanity now. Almost.

Happy New Year!
Pictures will come as soon as I can find the blasted cable.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

I'm glad you went a couple (hopefully more now) nights without crying spells! You're scaring me that one difficult baby doesn't guarantee an easy baby the next time. Hmmm, I was hoping for that.

I hope she does better soon! And I hope B is recovering well.
Thanks for reminding us how valuable a sense of humor is!

Melissa Ann Browning said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't checked in with your blog for a week or so, and oh my goodness! The crying jags sound AWFUL. I hope it's still better! And little B must be in full recovery by now - what a little trooper. But I think her Mom must be the biggest trooper of them all! Maybe one kiddo is enough for us - ha ha hee hee ho ha. :)

xo, Melissa

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Man, things have been busy at your house these days!! I hope that things are going better. Sounds like B should be on the mend. We need to chat and catch up soon. Hope S is sleeping well!